Monday, October 12, 2009

A Quick Thanks and an Observation

I recieved some constructive criticism as to how I write things into what is in effect a wall of words, something I did not realize I was doing (you know, it would be nice if I used a paragrah here and there, etc.). The commenter was absolutely correct! As I begin to let the stuff out, I am in fact just rambling along! As such, Iwill try to correct that!

But that also brings me to a bigger point I would like to make. As we all know, when posting on the regular boards, we are accosted with vile name calling, rampant racism and on and on! So many times, when someone posts anything thoughtful or even remotely insightful, they are immediately slammed. In other words, no civil discourse!

Debate and civil discourse. It's where ideas come from! It's a forum to if not fix a problem, at least address it and come up with some consensus to at least try! As such, debate or discussion can hurt one's feelings and/or illicit some rather harsh reactions. It is a time for constructive criticism as I addressed earlier.

My point is until we as a people can discuss stuff without hate, until we can cast aside our own ideologies, our biases, etc. and approach a subject with open minds, there cannot be fixes. As a society we must work together. Listening is a fine art. Learning and changing ones mind due to constructive criticism, and I want to emphasise that, constructive criticism is a sign of maturity and leadership. Can you even remotely understand this view Mr. President, or is your head stuck so far up your elitist ass that you as most politicians are to far above us mortals to bother ?
From my little part of the world, it sure appears that way!

I've been patting myself on the back! It was so cool to me that someone had suggested I start a blog because they liked what I had to say. I never took into consideration in any way that I was just blurting out my feelings in short bursts. When I first got the comment on my second post as to "the wall of words" I was at first hurt and burned. But as I reread my stuff, I realized not only was he correct, but I was in fact bridling against exactly what I stated in many of my posts! I first closed my mind to constructive criticism! And for that I am sorry. Looking into past stuff, I see how we have some how denigrated down to hate and condescening tripe in many comments, throwing out our true nature, but refusing to listen! It's true in discussions here as it is in this crazy political world.

Debate is imperitive for this country to survive. Criticsim is good, provided it is true! As I said, debate must be accompanied by open minds. This must be conducted by using the Truth and Facts! This must be done by educating yourselves! Keep an open mind, but dig up everything you can from both sides. Then make an informed decision. As we go forward, we will be called fear mongers and worse! WEAR IT AS A BADGE OF HONOR. Radicals of any persuasion FEAR the truth and facts, so shout it out as loudly as possible. This is our country. Love for country and the ideals it was founded on IS NOT HATE as the hard left keeps saying. Opposing bad policy IS NOT RACISM as we are charged with! Fight the BIG LIE with the TRUTH! Our country depends on this.

Again, my thanks to all. I want this to be a place of discussion, not just dissing! I promise, as I hope I always have, to keep an open mind. I try to make my comments after studying all I can amd then making an informed decision. That doesn't mean I'm always right! When wrong, I freely admit it. As such, I am going to re-edit my last few votes into a more readable form. And let's let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment