Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sheryll Attkisson and Judge Jeanine Something that Is Right in The Media



 One can readily conclude I am one mad hombre as to the cascade of scandals coming to us courtesy of what might be the most corrupt administration in this country's history. And they would be correct. I am madder as a wet hen as demonstrated by my last post. I'm mad at scum politicians, I'm mad at the Press, I'm mad at the electorate. And I'm really mad at myself. I wonder, have I done enough to help avoid the disaster we are now part of. I and others of my age were brought up to believe that our voice counts, and yet that is not the case as we now well know. How did we as a country let that slip away from us and why didn't we stop it?  Yes, I can and do harp on the so called Free Press for not performing what used to be its perfunctory duties, but what of we as individuals? Have we stood up for our basic ideals? Many haven't, some mention it and a few, a very few actually are brave enough to put it all out there, consequences be damned. I'd like to think I'm one of those people, but I do wonder if I do enough.

 As we all know, the Press has for all practical purposes abrogated their responsibility of being the watchdogs. We know that if one strays from the reservation, they will be punished as evidenced by the A.P. scandal now developing. Yet, there are still some brave souls in the industry who seem to hold true to the ideals of journalism, who try to report the facts and let the chips fall where they may. One I see is Sharyl Attkisson of CBS.We now know that her initial reports on Benghazi were in fact reporting at it's finest. We know that she stood up and refuted the lie told by Hillary in 2008 that she "was under fire" while in Bosnia in 1996. As such, I respect her work yet CBS seems to have chosen to discreetly silence her. For that they should be ashamed! I found the below on Newsbusters and wish to share it. In the first paragraph below she hits the nail on the head as to politicians of all stripes who have forgotten (actually I feel don't give a damn is the proper term here) they are our employees.


"SHARYL ATTKISSON: I think one of the things that working in Washington has aggravated me when trying to get to the truth. This is true across administrations, whether they’re Democrats or Republicans. They seem to have lost sight of the fact that they work for us, not the other way around. And I think we the public are owed a lot of information, collected and gathered on our behalf, such as information floating around about Benghazi. And it’s guarded by the holders and the keepers of the information, as if they somehow own it and hold the privilege over you that you can’t see it". 

Below, she makes a point I have been stressing for years now. This is not aimed at one party. Politics has become corrupt and in many ways resemble many criminal associations. One can make the point that what we have seen for years in many cases resemble to a degree some of the old so called Mafia organizations. It would be hard to argue that when watching what is transpiring these last few weeks.

"For example, Freedom of Information requests that I’ve made. That act has now been used, instead of to facilitate the release of public information, which was its intention – it’s now in my opinion been used to withhold and delay the release of public information. I get pretty much zero response. That didn’t start under the Obama administration. He seems to have perfected it, he and the federal agencies. But this was true also under George Bush. It’s very difficult to get public information, even when you apply the Freedom of Information law."
 
As to Benghazi, her point below is not only well taken but in fact the answer to her question is vital! Who the hell made the decision to let our people die with out a fight?

"ATTKISSON: Who made the decision not to convene the Counter-terrorism Security group the night of the Benghazi attacks, which we understand is protocol under presidential directive in SPD-46. Why was the protocol not followed? I’ve gotten a partial answer to that from the White House before they quit talking to me altogether. They said they felt it wasn’t needed, that all the proper advisors on counter-terrorism were in the mix."

We need more Sheryll Attkissons if we are to know the truth behind our corrupt out of control government just as we need folks of all stripes to raise their voices against the tyranny (and yes, I mean to use that word exactly as defined) that is coming out of the halls of government (from the local level on up. its all out of control)

Now, its time for me to continue what is quickly becoming my weekly love fest with Judge Jeanine on Fox News. This is the third week in a row she has slam dunked it as to how I feel about the scum that is this administration and it's allies. The woman tells it like it is and I really admire her. Plus, she;s able to vent and show her true feelings without really going ballistic (a trait I will never have for sure). I close with judge Jeanine.


No comments:

Post a Comment